I’m a research scientist at NTT in Japan. My main research area is cryptography, though I am broadly interested in information security and theoretical computer science. My research focuses on how to protect computer program while preserving its functionality, how to achieve secure computation without leaking information, and designing efficient and versatile cryptographic building blocks. More specific topics are
- Program Obfuscation/Watermarking
- Functional Encryption
- Constrained Pseudorandom Function
- Lattice-Based Cryptography
- May. 2020. A paper on adaptively secure constrained PRFs was accepted by CRYPTO 2020
- Mar. 2020. Invited to be a program committee memeber of Indocrypt 2020.
- Feb. 2020. The paper on compact non-interactive zero-knowledge from standard assumptions on ePrint archive.
- Feb. 2020. A paper on adaptively secure constrained PRFs on ePrint archive.
- Jan. 2020. A paper on compact non-interactive zero-knowledge from standard assumptions was accepted by Eurocrypt 2020.
- Jan. 2020. A paper on attribute-based encryption was accpeted by PKC 2020.
- Jan. 2020. Invited to be a program committee memeber of SCN 2020.
- E-mail: firstname dot lastname at gmail dot com
- Address: NTT Secure Platform Laboratories
3-9-11 Midoricho, Musashino-shi, Tokyo 180-8585 Japan
- Visiting associate professor at School of Computing at Tokyo Institute of Technology from 07/2016 -
- Visiting researcher at Northeastern University at Boston during Oct. 2014 - Dec. 2015 (hosted by Daniel Wichs)
- Obtained my Dr. Sci. (corresponding to Ph.D.) from Tokyo Institute of Technology in September 2010 (adviser: Keisuke Tanaka)
- Joined NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories (now, NTT Secure Platform Laboratories) in 2007
- Completed my Master’s degree in Informatics at Graduate School of Informatics Kyoto University in 2007
- Completed my Bachelor’s degree in Engineering at Kyoto University in 2005
On pronunciation of my first name
I found that it is not easy for people who do not speak Japanese to pronounce ``Ryo”. I do not know English words whose pronunciation are exactly the same as that of Ryo. The pronunciation of Rio, which is the name of a city in Brazil, is similar to that of Ryo.